Donnie, where have you not been, that you are dying to go visit? Chelsea 16 Dallas Tx.
– Chelsea I have always wanted to go see Aurora Borealis, aka the northern lights, and its definitely on my bucket list!!!
Who is the most famous person you have ever met and (what) did you like the most about them. Rachael 21, Brady Tx.
– Rachael that’s a tough question, I have met quite a few people that I admire, and the answer isn’t as easy as who is the most famous, but I guess, its either Nolan Ryan or Randy Travis and I guess it’s a tie who I admire more, Nolan or the pre-alcoholic Randy Travis lol. Nolan was such a nice guy, and honestly we only talked about the 2011 and 2012 Rangers, but that was hog heaven for me!
Donnie, do you wear a cowboy hat when your not performing? Or it is only for show? Jason 14, Brookesmith Tx.
– Hi Jason, During a show I normally wear a cowboy hat, not only do I like wearing it, but it keeps the stage lights out of my eyes! It is almost necessary, I think rockers have long hair for the same reason!!! Lol, During my normal days out I usually sport a ball cap just for convenience. I like my Ranger Hats! Lol. Cool Question.
In your spare time, when your not writing or singing, what do you do that normal people don’t do? Katherine 29, Andrews Tx.
– Wow, Great question Katherine. Im pretty normal I think most of the time, lol. However, I did decide to buy a tour bus to make some of the traveling shows easier on everybody, plus I saw it as a traveling billboard. With that being said, my buddies and I like to take it out sometimes just to cruise around. Its cool to see the reactions from people. I guess that would be an out of the ordinary thing I get to do, or that I do, do.
Do you ever date your fans? And how many times a week do you get asked out by girls, and what ages are they normally? KT 15, Snyder Tx.
– Ha! What A Question!!! I am happily married to my best friend, and so yes, I have only dated in the last 8 years one fan, and then I married her lol. As for how many times a week, depends on if Im playing a bar or not, and if its toward the end of the night, that usually yields the highest amount of .2 lol. Seriously though, I think if I were 14 and single, Id be rolling in girls. Apparently that is my demograph haha.
Who is your biggest role model so far, who is your biggest inspiration? Kelly 24 Mullin Tx.
– Boy oh boy, I love questions like this. Tough!!! I guess if I had to narrow it down, I want to say guys like Rob McEllehny from Always Sunny or Jim Parsons (Sheldon Big Bang Theory) for being so good at what they do. Jim nails his character, and Rob started from nothing to a number one show. However that’s recent, George Strait has always been on that list, he is just so perfect in everything he does. He is the definition of working hard, and being successful. Guys like that, with good morals, and outstanding character, that have the same trials and tribulations the rest of us do inspire me.
Did you teach yourself guitar, or did you get lessons? When did you learn your first song and what was it? Josh 18 Brownwood Tx
– I taught myself, sorta. A good buddy Brandon Beadel showed me a lot! He was and im sure still is an excellent picker. If I owe anyone for teaching me guitar it would be him. Andrew Putman, another close friend got me into it, and I was blown away seeing someone play guitar like he did. Then Brandon showed me several songs, and broke them down for me, and that first song I got down was, bum bum bum, drum roll, the one and only Sweet Home Alabama, Which was followed by a plethora of Creed and 3 Doors Down songs. I was 15 when that happened.
Why did you bail on Rock Music, I remember watching you back in the day, you were like a hero for my generation, all my friends looked up to you, Shattered Morality was the best! Then you disappeared and came back country!!! I think you owe us loyal fans of SM an explanation, with that being said, don’t get me wrong, I love your country stuff, but hearing you do Hey There or In The Cold again would be fantastic! Mason 22 Fredericksburg Tx.
– Wow. Intense question lol. Yes, SM was so much fun, but at one point, when college came to some and were stationed out of town, I just didn’t feel like re-banding again. I had always tried to talk the guys into doing country with me on the side, and I played bass and guitar in several country bands along the way, but my boys didn’t want to stretch into two bands. So when it disbanded for the last time, I decided to follow country for a while, and realized that I was at home in the country scene. For all SM fans out there, I have a surprise coming in the near future. I have gotten more and more emails like yours here that I feel I owe a lot to my SM fans and friends. So with that being said, when the third album comes out “III”, my SM fans will have a little treat. Be sure to look for hidden tracks. But unfortunately, were talking 2014. Thanks for being loyal so long Mason!
What do you want to know? Send a question to [email protected] along with your name, age and location and you may see it on the site!